Tuesday 17 November 2009

I'm back!

After a brief hiatus (I say brief in the interests of keeping this brief), it transpires that the world has moved on in my absence. So what's going on today?
Prospective Labour councilor for Havering, Peter White, described the Queen as 'vermin' on an Opposition MP's Facebook page. He later apologised, stating 'I mean't to say she wears ermine'.
In related news, David Cameron has criticised the forthcoming Queen's speech, indicating that it is 'to be shameless'. In its defence, Harriet Harman told the BBC: 'I don't think it is right that we should be clocking-off now before a general election'. Paul Abbott strenuously denies any involvement.

And finally, today's Haiku Film Review:

The Queen (2006) -

Ms. Mirren fans note:
She didn't get her kit off,
But still won Oscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment